These take a bit of planning to prepare, but are absolutely delicious and can be easily customized to suit any taste!
1 whole chicken, cut up
1 can Ro-tel (or 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 small can green chilies)
1 pack taco seasoning
1 pack tortillas
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 can refried beans
Diced fresh tomatoes
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese and/or Land O'lakes white american cheese
Black or green olives
1. Prepare meat: Put chicken in crock pot, cover with Ro-tel and rub with taco spices, mix. Cook on low all day (6-8 hours), stirring occasionally if possible. Heat until chicken is falling off the bone. Turn off heat, remove chicken from pot, place on platter. Skim excess oil from liquid, discard. Discard chicken skin, pick edible meat from bones (pull/shred with fingers), return meat to liquid, stir and let sit (30 minutes is fine, longer is better).
2. When chicken is finished, heat oil in skillet. Fry tortillas in oil until brown (when one side starts to bubble, flip - this happens quickly) - remove and drain on paper towels.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Put half of the tortillas on cookie sheets. Cover each with refried beans, chicken (strained of liquid), tomatoes, sprinkle of cheese and any optional ingredients. Top with tortilla, repeat to create a second layer.
5. Slip pizzas into the oven, bake 8-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and tortillas crispy.
Note: You can use extra fried tortillas to make a quick and easy dessert - save one or two and cut into slices, top with honey, cinnamon/sugar, and vanilla ice cream for delicious fast sopapillas.